Who are we?
We are Ashgrove Homes Limited, a privately-owned group of limited companies registered in England and Wales with company number 08453216 and whose registered office address is at The Bothy, Albury Park, Albury, Guildford, Surrey, GU5 9BH.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information about you when you make a sales enquiry, use our website, email us and when arranging a property viewing. This is done either by telephone, visiting one of our developments or using our website. We also obtain information from third parties you make an enquiry through, for example RightMove and estate agents.
What type of information is collected from you?
We require only the information we need to provide a service to you, such as:
· Your name, postal address, telephone number, mobile phone number and email address.
· Details of the property you are interested in, for example the number of bedrooms, price range, and the timescale for your purchase.
· Details of your current property, whether it is on the market and if sold, details of the chain.
· Details on how you intend to finance your purchase.
· Any other information you provide by sending us a message through our website, communicating with us electronically or visiting one of our show homes.
· Details of your marketing preferences regarding communication by phone, text, email and post.
How is your information used?
We may use your information:
· To provide you with information relating to our developments that you request from us and respond to any queries;
· To send you communications regarding our products which may be of interest to you, for example show home launch dates, last available plot and availability of reservation incentives;
· To arrange an appointment to view a property;
· To process a property purchase;
· To meet our obligations arising from any contract entered into by you and us;
· To ensure that the content on the website is presented in the most efficient way for you and the computer you are using;
· To seek your views and comments on the product and service we provide;
What is the lawful basis on which we hold your data?
Your data is initially held with your consent. Once a property has been reserved for purchase processing of your data becomes necessary to take steps to enter into a contract and for the performance of a contract.
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any contract you hold with us.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other organisations for the purpose of completing tasks and providing services to us or directly to you on our behalf. Third parties include cloud services providers (email and hosting), IT service providers, solicitors, auditors and any agents acting on your behalf. When a third-party service provider is used we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service.
You have the following rights in respect of the personal information we hold about you:
· The right to request a copy of the information in our records;
· The right to correct any inaccuracies in your information;
· The right to erase certain information;
· The right to request a restriction on the processing of your information;
· The right to data portability (transferring information in a structured commonly used and machine-readable form);
· The right to object;
· The right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us. We will not contact you unless you have opted in. If you no longer want to receive direct marketing communications from us about specific properties or developments, then you can unsubscribe either by following the link in our marketing email or contacting us using the details below.
We safeguard your personal data using technical and organisational measures. Our IT systems are protected by firewalls, anti-virus checks and regular software updates. Customer data is encrypted and stored on secure servers hosted by a GDPR compliant third party.
Transferring your information outside of Europe
We do not intend to transfer your personal data outside the EEA. If we believe such a transfer will arise, we will implement measures to ensure an adequate level of protection is in place.
Use of ‘cookies’
How to contact us
You may contact us using the following methods:
Post: Ashgrove Homes Limited, The Bothy, Albury Park, Albury, Guildford,
Surrey, GU5 9BH
Telephone: 01483 209600
Review of this Policy
This policy is kept under regular review and was last updated on 30 April 2018.
Your right to file a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you believe there is a problem with the way your personal data is being handled, you have the right to file a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). We would encourage you to contact us prior to making a complaint so that we can resolve any issues to your satisfaction.
To contact the ICO please go to www.ico.org.uk